Atomic Barra HD Timing Chain Kit.
Atomic timing chains for the Ford Barra 6 cyl are more than 80% stronger than the stock chain and are highly recommended for use with heavier than standard valve springs.
The best timing chain in the world is no good if the guides do not keep it in place, so Atomic manufactures a heavy duty replacement for the failure-prone OE timing chain guide pivot.
CNC machined from 4140 chrome-moly steel, Atomic guide pivots feature larger fillet radii in the corners and a 33% larger locking nut (M8 instead of M6) for positive retention of the guide.
Heat treated to 55 HRC and black oxided for appearance, Atomic pivots are inexpensive insurance against premature valvetrain failure due to erratic timing chain movement.
Rounding out the cam drive system for the Ford Barra 6 cyl is Atomic Heavy Duty timing chain tensioner. It features a larger oil feed port to provide more oil pressure to the ratchet and a stronger pawl for more secure engagement. The symptoms of a faulty tensioner are intermittent noises coming from the front/top of the engine, especially when held at a constant RPM.
Suits: BA - FGX Turbo and naturally aspirated Barras.
- Pre-stretched at the factory and feature rollerised trunnions with extra thick link plates to provide the utmost in reliability.
- Will fit standard or aftermarket sprockets and have OE style timing links for easy timing.
Atomic HD timing chain
- Timing chain guides include Atomic CNC Chrome-Moly pivot guide
- Atomic crank sprocket
- Atomic Chrome-Moly timing pivot bolt
- Optional timing chain tensioner (Please select from the drop-down menu)
The Atomic Posi Stop HD tensioner has a stop on the back of the tensioner, because of this a small amount of grinding will need to be done on the inside of the timing cover to fit.
The Non Posi Stop HD tensioner is a genuine ford product.