Atomic Engine Rebuild Kits.
Experienced engine builders/tuners are aware of the exponential increase of internal loads when engines are tuned to produce more power. The answer is to upgrade your engine with an Atomic “Bulletproof” engine rebuild kit before a costly engine explosion takes place.
Although it is impossible to predict an exact point at which component failure will occur, many Ford experts agree that 275- 300 RWKW (350-400HP) is definitely entering the danger zone for the DOHC engines, so before the damage is done and you are up for a whole new engine, cast an eye over our range of bullet-proof bottom end rebuild kits.
Utilizing exactly the same componentry as fitted to our record-setting engines, Atomic rebuild kits are ideal to upgrade Ford Barra 6-cylinder engines to handle big power increases. Available in two configurations (Phase 1 or Phase 2) they comprise the following:
Phase 1 rebuild kits
- The StreeTorquer 475 kit contains, Atomic billet conrods, Hypatec pistons, Turbo rings and Bearings
- Atomic billet conrods - either DOHC 550 GTA (550 kW rated), DOHC 698 GTA (698kW rated) or DOHC 998 (998kW rated), the latter 2 sets come with pressurized oil feed to gudgeon pin bushes - provides gudgeon pin lubrication and piston crown cooling
- Atomic forged or Cosworth F1 forged pistons with coated skirts, pressure fed gudgeon pins and nitro carburised steel turbo rings.
- ACL/King Competition conrod and main bearings with jig drilled oil feeds (as applicable)
- H/Duty gudgeon pins and .063” wire locks
- Main cap support girdle/windage tray (in 998 GT-A kits only)
- Installation instructions
- Torque specifications list
Phase 2 rebuild kits
The Phase 2 kit comprises all of the components in the Phase 1 kits plus the following:
- The StreeTorquer 475 kit contains, Atomic billet conrods, Hypatec pistons, Turbo rings and Bearings, complete gasket kit and MLS Steel head gasket
- Atomic billet gear oil pump (#306750 oil pump gears only in DOHC 550 GTA kits)
- Atomic Race Series gasket set.
- Atomic 12mm head stud kit (14.3mm in 998 kits)
- Atomic harmonic balancer - #306100, #306100-UD, #306101, #306102, #306103 or #306104
- Atomic Harmonic balancer bolt and washer kit – either M14 Capscrew or Anchorlox kit #100790
- Atomic main cap girdle (998 engine kits only)
- Atomic Extreme Duty Silicon Chrome Vanadium valve springs