Ross Performance Harmonic Damper
The race-proven Ross Performance Ford Barra Harmonic Damper range is designed to protect your #RBHunter Boostyboy from damaging torsional harmonics that are an inherent problem with long inline 6 cylinder engines. An incorrectly spec’d damper can lead to spun bearings, loosening of critical bolts, such as flywheel, flexplate or tail shaft, excessive vibration felt in the cabin or in the worst case a broken crankshaft. Even expensive billet cranks fail just as easily as cast when harmonics are involved.
Ross Performance Harmonic Damper range will help to protect your investment, whether that investment is a 500,000km old “just broken in” $150 ex taxi junker being leant on by 40psi from a Chinese Crankshaft Cracker, or a megabuck engine built to walk Audi RS3s at Powercruise….
No matter your use – from Street, Strip, Drift, Race to Dyno Queen, there’s a damper to suit.
The Race Series is a 1000hp damper and it will cover everything from your Nanna’s car with a stock tune, all the way through to 9-second weapons.
Gold Series Harmonic Dampers are for the big hitter 1000+hp engines that we’re seeing more often now.
As with all of our dampers, they’re compatible with our 991000 Universal Dry Sump Mandrel – When you’re getting really serious and need an External Oil Pump or Mechanical Fuel Pump.
Our under driven option is recommended for race use only as accessories may spin too slow for low-speed use.
- Modular design allows for varying pulley ratio whilst maintaining damping performance
- Dampening mass optimised for increased protection from Torsional Harmonics in high RPM race applications
- Designed and manufactured in-house using CMM, 3D modelling and state of the art CNC technology
- Bonded using our proprietary Ross Tuffbond process incorporating anti-vibration, anti-tear natural rubber
- Laser etched 360° timing marks
- High-quality black finishes
- Seamless integration of Ross dry sump/fuel pump drive adaptor
- Utilises grade 10.9 or better hardware
- Complies with SFI 18.1
- Designed for a race application
- Rated for 1,000hp
- Top tier harmonic damping
- Rated for 1,000+hp
- Ultra high-performance crank hub